NHS Logo


Access to Medical Records and Patient Registration Details


PCSE process GP medical record access requests for living individuals who are not currently registered with a GP practice in England.

For access to health records of a patient who is currently registered with a GP Practice, you must contact the GP Practice they are registered with


If you are looking to make a request for the GP medical records of a deceased individual you will need to contact their last registered practice.

PCSE will only administer requests for deceased individuals whose last registered GP Practice is now closed.


Who are you? Please click the relevant tile below.


GP Practice




Other Requestors


Other Requestors

(Police, NHS Bodies, Coroners, Charities, Researchers)